The annual Arabian World Construction Summit (AWCS) in Dubai today was told that the Egyptian National Railway (ENR) plans to invest 77bn Egyptian pounds ($11bn) in upgrading its network and operations in the ten years ending July 2023.
The investment plan involves buying more than 100 new railway coaches and locomotives, the AWCS was told by Nino Cingolani, co-chairman of the ENR transformation and restructuring programme. About $4.7bn will be invested in rolling stock
It also calls for the rehabilitation of ENR workshops and the installation of a completely new signalling system.
ENR employs more than 60,000 people.
The supporters of the AWCS 2014
- HSBC and CPC are strategic event partners.
- Hyder and Six Construct are Gold partners.
- Agis, Mashreq and Projacs are Silver sponsors and Deloitte is Knowledge Partner.
- EC Harris Built Asset Consultancy is Lunch Sponsor on day one and Bentley is CEO Forum sponsor.
- Aksa, Drake & Scull, Hill International and Zurich are Conference Sponsors.
For full coverage of the AWCS 2014, see www.meed.com.