The MEED Arabian World Construction summit (AWCS) was told this morning that Kuwait’s population is now 4m and that it will significantly greater than 6m in 2030.
Head of masterplanning at Kuwait Municipality Saad Muhailbi said that the municipality is preparing to invite consultancy bids for updating the existing masterplan, which deals with the period to 2030, to take into account projected trends in Kuwait to 2040.
The original masterplan forecast that Kuwait’s population would be just over 6m in 2030. The population growth rate has exceeded expectations and could be given a further lift if trade builds with Iraq, Muhailbi said.
Supporters of the AWCS 2014
- HSBC and CPC are strategic event partners.
- Hyder and Six Construct are gold partners.
- Agis, Mashreq and Projacs are silver sponsors.
- Deloitte is knowledge partner.
- EC Harris Built Asset Consultancy is lunch sponsor on day one and Bentley is CEO Forum sponsor.
- Aksa, Drake & Scull, Hill International and Zurich are conference sponsors.